My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr Seuss!

Hope you had a great day celebrating Dr Seuss's birthday. This was always one of my most favorite days to be an elementary school teacher. We had to celebrate at home. We did some easy and fun crafts. The littlest one, Thing 2, has been sick so we had to keep everything easy-peasy. 





Jack is practicing his cutting by making a Seuss paper chain. 

Jack was so excited to use my Sharpie marker. I know, I live life dangerously.



While he was busy, I made a label for our Pink Ink drink. The Zink likes it in Hop on Pop. (It's just Pink lemonade. Jack's favorite treat. We only drink it when we go to Costco.)

Jack said we needed to put all the drinks in his basket. So we did. I found a Grinch drink cup on super clearance at Walmart today, so we used it for our special dinner. I downloaded a cool Seuss font, and made up our dinner menu using pictures from the stories to indicate what we were eating.)



Had to make a hat. We watched The Lorax on Netflix and made this guy. Saw the hat idea on Pinterest.


Still working...


For dinner we had Green Eggs and Ham, hash browns, and made Cat in the Hat fruit kabobs. 


Om nom nom nom.


The green eggs are kinda funky to look at, but they were yum and a cinch to cook up. Doug and I decided some green spinach on the side would be good too. Jack disagreed. ;)


Henry is just along for the ride. Next year, he will be a participant too. :)




Dessert time! I had to push the easy button and buy premade Jello cups. With the last few days, I couldn't get it together to even mix jello.

Inspired by One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. 


While Henry was eagerly eating cut up grapes, we made hand print art. I'll have to get Thing 2's next year. I got the idea from Pinterest.


Jack went and found all the Dr Seuss books we have and we put them up on the mantle as a little festive decoration. The plush animals are from Kohl's. They are the $5.00 ones for Kohl's Cares for Kids. 



2 comments: