My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

Monday, March 4, 2013

Easter Egg Upcycle Art


As much as I like doing art with my kiddos, I decided to get my own craftiness on today. I tried to consign these pictures I got at IKEA a while ago. They used to be in Jack's nursery. Kid to Kid didn't want them so they sat in the closet for a long time.... Glad they did. Today, I decided to make some Easter art using these old pictures. 





Henry is busy eating his green beans and shredded cheese. Nom nom nom...





I found this burlap "paper" in the scrap booking aisle with all of the other fun paper. 

I just traced around the paper onto the sheet of burlap. I cut it out and used spray glue adhesive to stick the burlap to the back of the origianl IKEA print. I trimmed the extra off the edges when I was through. It worked great. Make sure you use the spray adhesive outside. :) 

 

My cat, Lily, decided to join us.  I found a template for an egg here.


I used spray adhesive on the back of the scrap book paper and stuck it onto the framed burlap. I threw away the scratched up plastic that used to lay over the frame. 



Henry is still enjoying himself. Potter, our dog, came over and is licking the cheese off his lap and toes. :) 


Here's what it looks like when finished. Obviously you can do whatever you want. This was a quick project. 


Can't decide if I want to overlay some other patterns.... I'll have to think about it.


Detail shot... Yellow gingham egg


Could do this... not sure... I only glued down the big egg.


Maybe this... I don't know... I'll leave it out and play with it until I decide. Until then, they are still pretty with just the one big egg one them.


What did it cost? 


I already had the spray adhesive and frames.

Each piece of burlap cost, $1.99 x 3
Scrap book paper $.59 x 3
about $8.00 for three frames Easter eggs. :)

How long did it take?


about 45 minutes from start to clean up (including vacuuming burlap fuzz and cheese and green beans off the baby) 


Okay, I finally decided on these three arrangements.  There is no going back. I glued them. Doug is my muse. He very haphazardly shifted one of them, and then the other two fell into place. I am quite happy with the results. :)






\

1 comment: