My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Consignment Conquest

I almost never buy anything for my children in retail stores. It is just not necessary or cost efficient!! (If I do, I probably have some amazing coupon or Black Friday deal.) Besides, at this age, children don't know or care if anything is second, third, or fourth-hand. I try to save money any way I can. My hubbie works hard to earn it, and I work hard to save it.

This is the first year, that I have been a seller in the consignment sale process. I got rid of a lot of Henry's baby stuff to friends, charities, and in the sale this year. Good to get rid of some of the clutter...although I did bring home quite a bit of stuff....

If you have never been to a consignment sale, please consider it!

1) You will save a lot of money. (As a consignment Daddy told me, he tells his wife the savings they get from this can buy her more purses. LOL)

2) There is a rush you get from scoring a super awesome deal.

3) I think that the community benefits from coming together to share each other's goods. A lot of prices are better than Goodwill!!!

4) Church consignment sales benefit good causes. At JCUMC Methodist Church 70% of the proceeds go to the seller, and 30% of the proceeds go to women and children's ministries.

5) If you are a seller, you can make a bit of money to help support your consignment habit. ;)

Here is what I got so far!!!




The deals I got on clothes!!! :) 
Cute Spring button down Georges $2.00
Shark T-shirt Gymboree $1.00


Button down Kite Strings $3.50 


Dinosaur Shorts Children's Place $2.50

Striped button down dress shirt Ralph Lauren Polo $4.00

Navy blue pants Chaps $3.00

Rash Guard and swimsuit Carter's $2.00

Dress Shirt and matching vest for Easter next year 5T (too big this year) Janie and Jack $11.00 

Janie and Jack $11.00

Janie and Jack

Janie and Jack white drawstring pants with tag still on

Shirt and pant combo was $6.50

Crocs $4.00 

Crocs $1.00 


Educo Discovery Spaceship $20.00 


Spaceship retails for $180 at Sears. Check it out here.

Pack and Play bumper pad. (Thought this would be cool for daytime playing.)


Crib rail cover for my teething little buddy. $1.00


Portable highchair $6.00


A ton of books!!! All between a dollar and the most expensive one was $2.50.

Dragon Cool Mist Humidifier $5.00

Leapfrog Play stand thingy $6.00
Me taking a picture into a mirror toy for Henry. $1.50

I also got Jack a Spiderman mask.
$2.00 for the mask

 Little Tykes Garden $5.00!!!!!! I don't have a picture because it is in my mom's car. LOL


 Bumble Bee Transformer $3.00 (In my mom's car too.)


All in all, this was one heck of a sale!!!! I did spend a hair over $100.00, but I have Easter presents, and birthday presents, and some super cute outfits!!

Check out The Bargain Watcher website for sales in your area. Happy hunting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment