My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Getting Ready for Christmas

With Thanksgiving behind us, we are officially in the Christmas spirit here! We have our tree up, although slightly leaning to one side. It's made in Italy.






This year we also put up a small topiary style Christmas tree with all of Doug's Christmas ornaments from his Granny. They are white ceramic with gold trim. The look very pretty.






We also have a green ceramic Christmas tree that Doug's Granny made too. I was so happy to get it passed down to us, because the one that I used to have in my room when I was little has mysteriously disappeared.







My Mom Mom has gotten Doug, Jack, and Henry their needlepoint stocking. I think the four of them look great together. My huge stocking was made by my Mom, and my Mom Mom finished it by stitching in my name. 





Another one of Granny's ceramic masterpieces. This is a wind up moving piece.



Here are our reindeer on top of our entertainment stand. 



                                     I am not sure who made this... I guess I should ask, but this was always
                                      in my house growing up every year.





                        These are the jingle bells that fell off Santa's sleigh and landed in our yard!






                This might be going under a Pinterest Craft Fail.... I was trying to make a wreath out of the balls that I forgot to put on our Christmas tree this year. Well, it takes a lot of them and they all bunch up. I had to make a bow on top. Jack likes it, so it may go onto HIS wall this Christmas!



These used to be school decorations I would put in my room, but now they go on Jack and Henry's bedroom doors.


Henry's little tree. He has been sleeping better with the extra light. He might need a New Year's Tree and a Valentine's Day tree, and a St. Pattie's Day tree..... if you know what I mean.



My baby ornament. 

Jack's baby ornament from school.

One of my favorite wedding ornaments from my family in Evansville.



I love that old bear.

This was my favorite ornament when I was a little girl. I was only in ballet for a quick minute, but I loved her.



                                                  I hope everyone is finding their Christmas spirit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment