My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pinterest Potluck: French Onion Casserole

Today I took the boys to a Pinterest Potluck. The goal was to try a recipe we had pinned but had not made to see if it was any good before serving at a holiday dinner. Most everyone called last minute and cancelled because of the bad cold going around, but we were all healthy so we made it. It was just us, one other mom and her little boy, and the hostess. I made French Onion Casserole as a side dish, and the hostess made a delicious caramel and chocolate pretzel bark. It turned out to be okay that not too many people made it because we devoured the casserole and chocolate and caramel bark! Lunch of champions!The bark was delicious with the homemade caramel. I am definitely making both this year. However, I am sad that I have gone this long in my life without having had this onion casserole. It was delicious!!! Think of french onion soup, but in a one dish casserole and much easier to make! It is relatively inexpensive to make because it has such few ingredients. I used canned cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken and will probably add a tad bit of wine and thyme to the casserole next time, but it was still so yummy and easy to make. The most time consuming part is slicing the onions. Other than that, it's a cinch! We will be eating a lot of this recipe this winter.

From Forkable, Slow Food for Fast Living: Onion Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment