My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Towel Ponchos

Easy, Cheap, Functional, and Good Sewing Beginner Project...and the kids will like it too!

I saw multiple versions of DIY towel swimsuit cover-ups all over the place. Some are totally impressive and way beyond my talent level/patience/time-investment. They were pretty amazing. My towel "poncho" is not amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but if you are impressed by the Made-for-T.V. snuggie, then you may like my creation. ;) 

I don't think elaborate instructions are at all necessary. Cut out a hole in the top and then use bias tape to keep fraying at bay. Sew it along the sides, leaving arm holes. Now you are done. Your kids will look kinda cute for wearing "towel ponchos" around though. 

Look at my uber goober child giving me a thumbs down!  

Looking pretty content sipping some juice box poolside. 

The littlest one in his towel poncho or more like a shirt, I guess. I used a hand towel for him and that worked out well for his beginners walk. 

You can see the bias tape I used. If you look really closely, you can really see how much of a beginner I am! Guess what, the kids don't care and the hand towel cost $1.50, so it is a good project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment