My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

My two littlest boys: Jack and Henry

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pinterest Christmas Crafts I Tried




Have you seen these floating around Pinterest? Well, I actually tried them out and they mostly turned out pretty good. Here's a sampling of the crafts we have done.



Over-the-Door Shoe Organizer Re-purposed for Children's Advent Calendar Countdown 



I just used check sized white office envelopes and wrote out the numbers using green and red markers. To give it a little extra "Christmas Flare" I added a bit of garland from the Dollar Tree. Jack approves. Especially since it looks extra flashy next to the boys' doors to their rooms. The original idea came from A Girl and a Glue Gun, here. I loved her Grinch Themed advent Calendar, but I surely did not have that time to put into it.  That would be cute another year, if I did a little at a time while drinking a glass of wine after the kiddos are tucked into bed. The best part of this calendar, is that you can change it to whatever theme you want. My theme was, "Make it in 1 Hour or Less!" I still love it! 


(It's pretty snazzy, isn't it? Think "Grinchlicious" ;) 
Anyway, here are a couple examples of the envelopes.





 Here is Jack opening up the first envelope. You can put whatever you want inside. I put a list of suggestions on a past post. The bonus feature... since this was originally a shoe organizer, you can also put in small gifts. Ideas: small candies, little dollar store toys, mittens, hot cocoa packet, etc.



This was one of the strips of paper inside an envelope. We will go see the decorated tree in our Historic district.

You've seen this one, right? The Handprint Christmas Tree! I love it!!!!


These are Jack's Handprints Christmas 2012.
                                                      The original pinned idea came from here.




Jack's Rudolph handprint Christmas 2012. 

It is from the idea pinned from Kindergarten Cupcake Crumbs

These are Henry's mistletoes. I got the idea from Pinterest

Drumroll, please.............
I saved the best for last!



christmas ball wreath

Haha, just kidding. This wreath is not mine. It is the lovely one you see all over Pinterest. Please see credits, here, at The Color Happy.  Scroll down to see my lovely craft fail! Jack thinks it is pretty, so I hung it with a command strip in his room. 



Wah Wah Wahhhhh


I actually think it has potential to work if I had about a million more Christmas balls and more time and patience. since all that had run out, this is the Merry Crap-mas wreath that I got instead. LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment